The United Houma Nation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as identified by the Internal Revenue Service. The Tribe survives and thrives on financial contributions to support general daily operations as well as programmatic support. Donate today to support the efforts of the United Houma Nation alive and well. Looking for a place to get the most bang for your buck when making your annual tax deductible charitable contributions? You’re in the right place. Within the last 2 years, the UHN has leveraged private donations tenfold in retaining and obtaining grant funding!
There are 2 ways to contribute.
Below is the link to donate via PayPal. PayPal allows you to make a one-time or re-occurring monthly donation if you choose.
If you would like to designate your contribution towards one of our specific campaigns, programs and funds, please indicate that under your comments otherwise funds will be assumed to be unrestricted. If you would like to specify the purpose of your donation, here are the options we currently accept:
- General Operating Support – No one can provide services without the lights on. Currently the UHN operates at a very lean 14% operational budget. The remaining budget is invested in restricted grants, donations and direct services.
- Scholarship Fund – Supports the annual award of scholarships to high school seniors pursuing a higher education
- Building Acquisition Fund – Supports the saving and planning for the purchase and/or building of a consolidated tribal headquarters and Cultural Center
- KUHN Radio – Provides general operating support for the UHN’s noncommercial, educational radio station serving the communication and programming needs of the community
- Youth Services – Assists with providing ongoing youth events, activities and initiatives throughout the 6-parish service area
- Elder Services – Funds elder activities such as the annual Elder’s Fest, field trips and community outings
- Yakani Ekelanna Garden – Our newest initiative is to focus on revitalizing traditions, community and land to provide nourishment for tribal elders in need, teach youth the lessons of the land from growing plants for food, medicine, and everyday living support, and sharing the traditions of our ancestors who lived in harmony with the land
If you would prefer to donate by check, money order or cashier’s check, please mail all contributions to the address below and indicate if you would like to designate your contribution for a specific purpose.
United Houma Nation
400 Monarch Drive,
Houma, LA 70364
Yakoke et bien merci!!!