“One People to STOP Violence”
Healthy families and relationships are the HEART of our tribal communities. Together we can build healthy communities and families free from violence.
What is Cafa Ogla?
Cafa Ogla: One People to STOP Violence, is a program to provide culturally-sensitive victim services for United Houma Nation citizens living in the 6-parish service area who are victims of:
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Dating Violence
Our program’s focus is helping individuals and families heal, plan, and move forward independently following traumatic experiences. We assist victims (ages 11 and up) with understanding their legal rights and protections while they are interacting with the police, and navigating the criminal justice system.
How Can We Help?
- Case Management and Advocacy Accompaniment
- Legal Consultation to Better Understand Legal Rights
- Assistance with Filing Restraining/Protective Orders
- Emergency Assistance Immediately Following an Event
- Information and Referral Services
For more information or for assistance please contact: